Dedicated to Mid-Century Detail and Top-of-the-line Quality
The Good Mod offers full-range custom upholstery services at our Pearl district showroom in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to restoring and preserving the aesthetic and historic integrity of all pieces that come through our doors—from one-of-a-kind collector’s items to mass-produced icons of 20th century design. With vast knowledge of production techniques and utmost respect for historical accuracy, The Good Mod Upholstery team will turn your worn-down piece into an eye-catcher with a whole new lease on life.
Areas of Service Include:
- Specialty pattern development and creation
- Full rebuild of lounge chairs, recliners, armchairs, sofas, chaise-lounges, dining chairs, etc.
- Foam restoration and replacement, including cushions, seat pads, benches, inserts, throw pillows, and bolster cushions
- Structural repair of springs, webbing, strapping, and other support elements
- Wide-ranging leather work, including upholstery, straps, buckles, embossing, shaping, as well as general cleaning, tinting, and repair
- Wood refinishing, restoration, and structural repair by our Restoration team
- Some Danish caning and woven work - inquire about your project
Before and After
Many pieces have shed their layers and turned into mid-century stunners. Here are a few examples of recent transformations.
Finn Juhl FJ-02 Settee
Large Vintage Sofa and Pillows
Harry Bertoia Bird Chair Upholstered in Maharam Hallingdal
Select Your Fabric
Do you have a piece that you'd like to see reupholstered, but don't know where to start? Contact us via email, or stop by our show room and talk to our sales team about your ideas. If you can bring in your furniture piece we can assess and give you an estimate as to what it would take to reupholster it. If not, you can also send us photos and we can go from there.