The Good Mod is mid century modern furniture store and workshop looking for a person to fix, restore and refinish vintage furniture and help out in other areas of our furniture workshop. We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Hard work ethic
- 2+ years general experience with woodworking, finishes, general hardware knowledge, Handyperson.
- Works fast has hustle.
- Great sense of humor.
- Self starter, able to research and figure things out on your own.
- Team player works well with a team.
- Organized and diligent in putting tools back where they belong
- Good attention to detail
- Comfortable making on-site repairs
A list of daily duties include:
- Gluing and clamping joinery
- Sanding and stripping surfaces
- Maintaining a clean and orderly shop. Sweeping and taking out garbage without with a smile.
- Filling/repairing broken parts of furniture
- Matching wood tone.
- Applying finish and stain to custom and vintage products
- Running errands and getting supplies.
- Moving furniture (able to lift at least 75lbs)
Time commitment. This is a trial part time position with the potential to grow into a full time position if the fit is right.
Compensation $12-$15 DOE possibility of overtime.
- After hours shop access for personal projects
- Health insurance for full time employees