- Designer: Ray and Charles Eames
- Manufacturer: Herman Miller
- Origin / Circa: United States 1968
- Dimensions: 76.5"L | 17.5"W | 29.5" H
- Material: Leather, Aluminum
This sculptural design was allegedly inspired by a conversation between Ray and Charles Eames, and writer and film producer Billy Wilder, who had a habit of taking cat naps. The thin profile of the Chaise Longue meant that the user had to rest their arms on the chest rather than by the side. Should the user then begin to fall into a deep sleep, the motion of their users arms dropping heavily down would wake them.
Sales of vintage merchandise are final and sold as-is. Please contact our team with any questions, we are happy to help!